Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Memefied

Well folks SWFM memefied me so part II of my story will be put on hold until Thursday. Warning: I don't feel the least bit witty or interesting.



1. One book that changed your life? The River Why- the book was the bait that finally caught me. I was sick and my husband (then just annoying boy) brought me the book to read. I rolled my eyes-- opened the book and couldn't stop laughing. And so he caught himself a wife

2. One book you have read more than once?"Lord of the Flies" and I swear I'm living the book every day-- pass the conch shell

3. One book you would want on a desert island? Primitive WIlderness Living & Survival Skills: Naked Into the Wilderness

4. One book that made you laugh? Walter the Farting Dog (it's a kid's book)

5. One book that made you cry? "Gone with the Wind"

6. One book you wish had been written? R&J are Dead (not a fan of Romeo and Juliet--good monologues and scenes-- disjointed play-- sorry I swear Shakespear had to be joking and so if I ever write a book-- let's just say I'll pay tribute to the Bard and his little melodrama)

7. One book you wish had never been written? The Feminine Mystique-- interesting book but it made me bitter when I was younger. I don't know if I'd feel that way today-- or maybe Finnegan's Wake because if I open it, I can't help analyzing it and one page will take me days.

8. One book you are currently reading? Selected readings of Jose Marti-- for grad school It's a little dry and it rubs me the wrong way-- maybe it will get better

9. One book you have been meaning to read? the owners manuel to my printer-- it's not working

13 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Wow you are fast, you didn't even wait until tomorrow. No book made you laugh? I did a report on Feminine Mystique yuck. Good one! Great sport.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

no I was so fast I left it out-- I'll edit right now

5:21 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I have to laugh because my mom did this Meme a few weeks ago and she listed "Walter the farting dog" as one that made her laugh too... (she also wanted the Survival skills too)...you guys think alike!

and now - thanks to you - I have a couple more books to add to my "To Read" list!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Your printer came with an instruction manual? I'm so jealous.
Loved the list!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Walter the Farting Dog....easily the book that made me laugh...so much I cried. It's just wrong. And yet, so right. I love the fart cloud photos. Then again, I seem to enjoy bodily function humor. What's wrong with me?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I got this several weeks ago. I picked similiar books for the desert island (choice between army survivial guide, and guide to boat building)

Winter is coming. Thats reading time.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

That's a great list! I need to do some more reading. I agree with Pamela, winter is reading time, so I better get to the bookstore and get stocked up. :-)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

I forgot to tag people-- Ok I'll make this easy. Do it if you want to. I tag everyone who hasn't done it-- except those and you all know who you are who won't do it anyway

BTW -- not all of these books are good-- though Walter the Farting Dog is a must read-- and for those of you in Oregon I'd have to say read The River Why-- that is a funny book-- though if I recall I thought the author kind of blew it at the end. Authors tend to either make things too tidy or they don't know how to end the book so they tack on an ending. I think this one did that, but it has been years since I have read it-- so who knows? It was funny though.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Waya-- don't feel illiterate-- I didn't say they were good books. I just said I had read them. You've read the best one. Walter is awesome-- if you don't take it too seriously and just let yourself laugh-- which I know from reading your blog-- you laugh a lot


karmyn-- that's pretty funny-- I can't believe how many people have read Walter-- I was almost embarrassed to put him up there


babloo-- yes it did, but it hasn't helped make my printer feed the paper-- my printer eats everything instead. They must have starved the poor thing before shipping it to the states-- when will it be satiated so it can come back to work?

heather-- I cried too-- the illustrations are funny and I think we've all met a "walter" at some time in our lives

pamela-- I am so happy winter is coming-- Now if I could only get the kids to let me read more than 30 pages a day

11:30 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

kigogal-- I need to do more reading too-- I can't remember the last time I read a book just for me-- I think it was the last Harry Potter book. Lately it's been Heidi, The Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan-- for the kids

11:31 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

I forgot to tag people-- Ok I'll make this easy. Do it if you want to. I tag everyone who hasn't done it-- except those and you all know who you are who won't do it anyway

BTW -- not all of these books are good-- though Walter the Farting Dog is a must read-- and for those of you in Oregon I'd have to say read The River Why-- that is a funny book-- though if I recall I thought the author kind of blew it at the end. Authors tend to either make things too tidy or they don't know how to end the book so they tack on an ending. I think this one did that, but it has been years since I have read it-- so who knows? It was funny though.

11:32 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I see why it made you laugh lol.

1:30 PM  
Blogger BD said...

Lord Of The Flies is one of the few books I have re-re-read...

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home