Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Help I've been tagged


Things I Want To Do Before Dying

Hike the Pacific Crest Trail
Finish remodeling my house and let it just be
Write a book-- any book will do even if it is never read
Learn to scuba dive
Go to Europe and just wander
See all 50 states
Quit playing around with these colors

Things I Can Not Do

Sing, but I do it anyway-- but my daughters think I can sing right now so I sing to them every night before they go to bed (or at least I try to . I haven't been very good about doing it lately)

Breathe in an elevator
Breathe going across bridges
Get rid of the mint I planted for my iced tea-- it's one whory plant
Organize-- I get organized only to become undone
TYPE-- I am the world's worst typist
Math-- I used to be able to to, but according to the GRE that part of my brain stopped functioning when I went to college
Please everyone at one time
Get my kids to clean their rooms

Things I Can Do

Interview people for a story and get the goods
Be gracious in defeat
Write
Get goofy with Jose Cuervo and dance up a storm
BS
Set up a tent incorrectly
Kiss my kids each night
Watch my flowers grow
Plan a vacation
Drive and pour a drink into a sippy cup

What Attracted Me To My Husband

He is six foot five and he's a firefighter-- need I say more?

He was the polar opposite of anyone I'd ever date (quiet, super shy and an all around good guy)
He loved me
He wrote me nearly every day before we got married
He liked flowers
He suggested a book and I actually liked it (this doesn't happen often-- I am extremely picky when it comes to books)
He made me laugh

Things I Say Most Often

Do you understand English?

How many times do I have to say this?
Peachy Bear
Nickerbocker
Abby Dabby (Apply Dapply) Abadabadoo
Maggie Moo
I love you, baby dolls
I double "L" Curly-Q "O" with a tiny viney "v" and an enormous "E" Love you
Daddy is at work, baby girls
Why does this always happen when he is at work?
It's Murphy's Law
Will you rub my feet? I'm give you a quarter.
Look at the baby cow (with cheesy Texas accent)

Books That I Love

The River Why

A River Runs through it
The Brother's K (most of it)
My Antonia
Hope Leslie
Any Harry Potter Book - that's six right there
Gone With the Wind


Movies That I Love

Gone with the Wind

Love Actually
Crash
Slingblade
Smoke signals
An Affair to Remember


OK who wants to be "it"

13 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great meme never heard this one. You are supposed to tag someone, don't ask who wants to be it. lol.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

SW-- Good because you are "it" haha

5:10 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Is it official? Let me know if I have to do the meme then I have to get to work on it.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Oh it is official-- I want to know everything.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

What a colorful list! Hee, Hee. A lot of people put singing on their “can’t do” list. I wonder if we should have a “who is the worst singer” contest?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

You had some fun with those colors!

Great list!

12:33 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Okay then I am working on it.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Love your list. Do NOT under any circumstances tag me. Understand?!?!?!?!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! Hope Leslie? Who else has read that book besides you and me? I LOVE that book! We are kindred spirits! (From the same publishing company, have you read The Hidden Hand by EDEN Southworth? I highly recommend.) I also love My Antonia, it's one of my fave's of all time, altho my favorite Willa Cather book is Death Comes For The Archbishop, have you read it? I cried. A lot.

Great lists!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

babaloo-- we should have a bad singing contest-- maybe we should all audition for American Idol then we could be in the precontest shows

nicole-- ditto

onetallmomma-- the colors were just my way of making you all crazy

SW-- saw your list and loved it, It made me want to rent BEaches again

Jodi-- what makes you think I'd tag you (HMMMM?) I know you want it. You are just waiting for me to say -- tag you're it.

kigogal-- I will have to read those two books somehow I missed them. But I sometimes fantasize that I am Antonia and have an endless supply of truffles-- of course I live in a better location. I loved those two books so much I wrote my honors thesis for college on the use of tree imagery in them. What are the trees saying, really? They bought the load of BS and I won honors thesis of the year. It just goes to show being good at BSing will get you anywhere in life.

6:37 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Thanks I want to watch it too. We can watch it together in cyberspace.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

OHMYGAWD. I can not believe you tagged me. **as I throw down the computer keyboard and storm off in a HUFF*** :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Being able to drive and pour juice into a tippy cup - AH, young grasshopper, you are now a master....

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home