Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Clean and Happy Start


After a crazy couple of weeks, I am happy to sayI washed all the stress down the drain and feel like a new woman (in a clean house).

I finished school and got an A in Spanish. My first Spanish column came out this week and got good reviews from those who read it.

Things are just better. I'm content and more relaxed-- and so I thought I'd introduce you to my little kiddies. Nikki is in the Tigger sweatshirt. Abby has a blue Tinkerbell shirt on and Maggie is in purple jammies-- I'm the lady in the polkadot jammies.

Please note: this is not a good picture. They are all much cuter in person and I am no where near as cute (picture Cruella DeVil with brown hair)

16 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on your A and a successful first column.

You and your kids look great...like you're all having fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

a clean house eh?

I think I've seen one of those once.... or twice

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

It is wonderful to have a face to connect with the name. And you are all beautiful.

Isn't it lovely when the stress is gone and you can just be? Glorious!

Cangrats on your exam!

4:02 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I can't believe you posted pics I love that one I think I have it too. Oh soooo daring, don't you dare dare me lol. Happy the stress is behind you.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I love this photo and am glad to know you're in a good place right now! And a clean house is one of the best feelings in the world! :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

kvetch-- I figured what the hey. Besides they've been bugging me to get on the blog. Maybe I'll let my sevenyear old write a post some day.

heather-- I'm happy school is over for the next couple of weeks. We were pretty happy-- and clean. Happy happens frequently. Clean-- rarely all at the same time.


pamela-- the entire house is not "clean" by my standards or most likely by anyone else's standards. It is inhabitable and my livingroom is safe to walk in.


Onetallmomma-- it's fab to just breathe.


SW-- I wouldn't dare you. I just figured what am I hiding from? Besides the pictyre is so bad no one would recognize us anyway.

suburban turmoil-- It's good to be good-- and clean. COngrats on the baby.

1:57 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

So cute!
They look like soo much fun.

Ok. Now I have to re-read from the beginning with this picture in my head...
:-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

clean is that really such a word? I remember it years ago before I had children.

Great photo!!! You look so happy and devilish like you are up to something and got caught!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

david on the lake-- they are world of fun. I'll send them your way whenever you get bored (kidding). They are my babes and as much as I complain I'd be lost without them.

karmyn-- I was probably pinching the baby.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Genendy said...

What an adorable picture!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

What a happy and fun and cute bunch!

Congrats on the A, the clean house, the column, the . . . EVERYTHING!

10:43 PM  
Blogger ;iulu said...

yum! (y'all look awesome..now we can put an adorable face to the equally adorable quips we've come to know and love:)

Nothing llike a day in jammies to celebrate a great ending (or beginning)..didja at least have breakfast in bed with your angels? paint your nails? curl your hair....y'know all that gürly fun stuff??



ps- not to worry, I have great black & white shots i can post of swfm & DD...hehe..

10:32 AM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Great post! I love the picture. I can almost feel the contentment through my screen! The girls are so cute and so is mom!

Congratulations on the A!

Felicidades!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An A in Spanish?! Muy Bien!

And it looks like you are all very happy together- enjoy the last lazy days of summer

2:43 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hey don't speak about your kids that way lol. No you came out cute come on.

6:58 AM  
Blogger but Momma said...

Cute Pic!

You all look so happy and relaxed!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home