Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The big bad wolf is back again

My house is made of sticks, my furniture: maple, my deck: redwood, books: reams of shredded wood, the bench where I watch my children play teak-- I am a consumer of wood. I use it, sit on it and love it. The loggers-- they are just doing their jobs.
So why is it that when I see the hillsides all chewed up near my summer home, I feel as though my house of sticks has just blown down?


* I am back from vacation and will write more later. I just wanted you all to know I’m back. Now, the forest near my cabin has been logged to high heaven, but at least the tiger lilies were still in bloom.

4 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hi(waves) nice to see a new post. Cute, funny hope your house won't blow away since it is not made of bricks and only stones. I think the wolf knows not to mess with bonnie hehe.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

That is so sad. We are a consumer culture, but never really consider where our products come from.

Welcome Home!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Hey Bonnie B welcome back! Glad you are "whole" again.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Replant, replant, replant!!!!

Welcome back from a hopefully peaceful break!!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home