Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Mount Vesuvi-B-S Erupts

The fuse has burned to end of the dynamite and the rumbling has begun. And now Mount Vesuvi-B-S is about to explode.
For the past-- count them 1,2,3,4,5,6,--7 years I have received calls for a certain G.A. who lives here in Paradise. I don’t know G.A. He doesn’t know me either. I have never in my life met him, but I do know one thing-- he is a first class rotten, evil person who should be seriously ashamed of himself.

For the past seven years, this more immature than a bunch of tweens with flatulence person has been handing out my phone number to telemarketers, girls whom I assume he doesn’t really want to talk to and businesses.

Now, G.A. I know how hard it is to tell those lovely ladies you are not interested, but please if you don’t want them to call, find the inner strength, the courage I know you can somehow muster up to just be a man and say you don’t want to talk to them--because I don’t either.

I’m tired of being the fourth-grade friend who tells your girlfriend you’re breaking up with her.
Please, I don’t think you are 13. Could you just grow up a little?

Better yet, since you are the kind of guy who hands out a stranger’s phone number, why don’t you do the world a favor and take yourself off the market.

As for telemarketers, I’m with you on that one. Those guys who call just as I’m pouring my morning coffee, sitting down to dinner or putting the kids to bed make me nuts. The constant ringing, the annoying people who don’t believe I am not you, the computerized messages -- I have my own share of the pot without having to ad yours to mine.

And let me tell you, GA you are missing out on a great opportunity to refinance your home and to transfer the balances from higher interest credit cards to a new low-interest Visa card.By the way, how did your new sound system turn out because the guy called to say they were ready for pick up a couple years ago? Did you get it?

This was the one time I thought “Praise the Lord. The sun is shinning. GA is going to stop calling” because this person actually knew GA and had something he wanted, he’d paid for and was going to pick up.

The business assured me they’d take care of the problem. They’d talk to GA and say “Hey, dude this is seriously uncool.” And I believe they did talk to him, but they were trying to turn cottage cheese back into whole milk-- it just wasn’t going to happen. GA is what he is.

And I am what I am-- a fourth-grade break-up girl who has turned into Mount Vesuvi-B-S on the verge of a serious eruption.

19 Comments:

Blogger Babaloo said...

Do you think he calls in to your answering machine when you're not at home and checks his messages? Can I use your phone number the next time I apply for a loan, get my stereo fixed or sign up to win a car at the mall? You don't have to answer right away!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Nicole-- I just can't believe what people come up with-- oh well he will get his someday

babaloo-- Very funny. ha-ha. Of course, he checks his messages. He probably asks my daughters if Julia called and is gone for good.
No, but this is a small town and my entire column this week was about GA

10:42 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Ha very funny, I like it, nice to see your new posts again. Makes me smile.

10:57 AM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Nuts
I've never heard of such a thing...

11:34 AM  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

Can you put out a hit on GA? I could use come mad money...

3:17 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

Yeah, if you had him killed; that'd teach him!


I always ask telemarketers to give me their home numbers and I'll call them back, they always answer, "you can't call me at home!" whereupon I say, "Well, you can't call me at home either!"

2:49 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Maybe he has dyslexia and just mixes your number up with his accidentely??? Or maybe he's just plain evil. Either way it sounds like a nightmare for you. I get enough unwanted phone calls of my one, I sure don't need anybody else's!

5:23 PM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

ooohhhh
you can be one dangerous lady!!
lol
that guy sounds like he deserves your wrath!
btw - someone who is a telemarketer has got to have the thickest skin ever - the whole world hates them, they get hung up on all the time, spoken to rudely, etc etc..
it really makes me go
Sheesh!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

I can't believe you aren't publishing his name! he is a class-A, #1, certified sh!t-head. I'd print it for all to see and hope it eventually got back to him. :-)

Is your column online? I'd like to read it! :-)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

sw-- It's nice to be back and to hear from you too.

David-- squirrely, huh?

Onetallmomma-- I would, but if anything ever happened, I'd be the first suspect

Jodi-- it happens too often for it to be accidental-- I'm talking hords of calls primarily from telemarketers, girls and people whom he ownes money to

kasamba-- that is a great idea! I'll have to remember it for the next time I get a call.

the only way I know-- I'm sweet as a honeysuckel-- I just keep a swarm of bees around to do my dirty work:0
I'm nice to telemarketers. They are just doing their jobs.

kigogal-- I won't publish it ont he off chance there is a really good explanation. I live in a small town chances are he'll see the column and if he's doing it and he's a good guy, he'll stop. If he's rotten, he'll be extremely proud and start handing it out to religious groups, door to door salesmen, nonprofit groups that want my car and my clothes.
my column is available online. Email me (bsitter2@hotmail.com), and I'll give you the address.

7:06 PM  
Blogger ;iulu said...

that's it!
bonnie- hand over GA's # and we'll ALL have a little chat with him..by the time your blogring is done with him he'll wish he a job sorting matches at the matchstick factory..

12:39 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

flor-- I've tried to look up his number, but it is unlisted. I've asked the police and the telephone company to talk to him, but they won't get involved. The phone company offered to change my number, but the last time I changed my number I lost so many contacts because unfortuantely I don't have a little black book with everyone else's number in it so I can forward my number on.
I also wonder if this guy is the crank caller type. He'd probably hear the "this number has been changed" and forward all his new unwanted contacts to my new number.

And so, my hope is he is a decent guy and this has all been a colossal misunderstanding-- though I don't know how. I hope he sees my column, calls me up, appologizes profusely and then stops handing out my number.
I also want the sun to come up purple, but hey we can all dream.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Genendy said...

Oy! Telemarketers are bad enough as it is - but then with all of his calls added! You poor thing. I hope your column works.

9:41 AM  
Blogger ;iulu said...

(private detective time..?)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Wacko. Nuts. and, I am sure, annoying as all get out!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Ohhhhhhh! I love flor's idea about a private detective!!!!!!!!!! This could guy muy, muy interesting!!!!! :-)

7:05 PM  
Blogger ;iulu said...

look bonnie, I have a few more weeks of doing nothing on my hands (don't you love the summer??). gimme the dirt, i'll do some research and see what i can pull up..this guys has it coming to him..and it's one time too many to make it a coincidence.


/rant

10:02 PM  
Blogger Zephra said...

Ya know...a private detective can get you his number. I would get it and start handing it out like candy.

1:12 PM  
Blogger ;iulu said...

heh. we can spam his number to everyone and the mailman when we get it..heck, we should place ads in the personals..and see how many hundreds call it..(rubs hands with glee)..
man! is he going to get it!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home