Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Abby's Turn

OK my 4-year-old is jealous of her sister, so here is her poem. I'd love to live in her world. If imaginations paid in dividend, she'd be set for life.
Abby is my middle kid with long, long brown hair and saucer-like blue eyes. She looks like a cross between a Hummel and a Cupie doll.
Abby is the reason I praise God each day because I know it will be filled with sunshine no matter the weather. She is squishy and cuddly-- with a round toddler body.
If you saw her at the park, she'd be the one dresed in a knitted snow cap, sequin dance top, knitted scarf, jeans and tutu throw on top for good measure-- and always, she has on her ladybug rainboots.
The sentences were her own-- though I did help her with arrangement. Come on she's four.
She calls this poem:

Fishy Garden of Me
Growing plants
dance round and round.
They want to go inside
the house in
Abby's trunk
and do ballet
while reading
"Winnie the Poe"
on their tip toes.
Flying round and round
they jump high into
the fishy garden of me--
a bunch of letters--
ABCD
and a cowboy riding a winged horse
"Giddy up Cowboy!"
inside Abby's trunk.
Santa Claus is coming
to see the little flowers--
blue, purple, orange, red, yellow, green--
do splits.
I read to them
"Starlight Fairy"
on a windy Monday
inside Abby's garden.
Abby- age 4

9 Comments:

Blogger ;iulu said...

Where do I sign up for classes?

9:24 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Flor--I don't know. She's a special kid-- maybe she's just a typical 4-year-old with a typical imagination and I just sat back and listened one day. But I'd like to think she is special.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. And that's all I can think of. So sweet. I love her fashion sense too, she sounds like a happening chick.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

She has a style all her own - good for her!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ladybug rainboots. Soooo cute. And your daughter is certainly extremely precocious.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

I bet she could draw a great picture to go along with this. I imagine it would have lots of colors to match all her colorful images! Sometimes I feel like I'm a "fishy garden of me." Too cute!

6:58 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

I love all those little girl thoughts!
I just want to squish her!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

kasamba-- she is very squishable. She still has a baby body.

4:19 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

She is not typical she is a very special 4 year old to come up with that.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home