Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sorry I lied-- I couldn't help it

I feel the need to poeticize--- What a fantastic day! Here goes:

Why I Hate Roses

I slammed the door and threw
a fat bloody rose supported by a weedy fern
all wrapped in cheap green paper
tightly bound with a thin plastic bow.
*
You'd come over again
this time with a peace offering--
the ever popular
big-haired, curly red head
with a straight shapeless body
and long fingernails to break through
cheap clothing and scratch.
*
I don't need your fickle flowers filling my house
with their heavy sugary perfume.
Take your blossoming bimbos wih you.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pollyanna said...

HMMMM. I am sensing some distress in the force....

4:55 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

'blossoming bimbos'- I love it!

6:00 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Just great! You have a way with words.

9:12 AM  
Blogger ggggg said...

Nice. Very nice.

1:44 PM  
Blogger None available said...

Bombastic.
What's the background?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

This was based on an event that happened years ago. I wrote it after I found out my college boyfriend had left me for a stripper.

7:43 AM  
Blogger kasamba said...

Hence the 'bimbo' bit?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

you've got it

12:41 PM  
Blogger the sabra said...

nice piece! (sorry bout the boyfriend)

1:10 AM  
Blogger ggggg said...

How are you holding up Bonnie B?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

I'm holding my own.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home