Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Reason No. 5 to be happy

Fresh Baked Bread


Today I took out my frustrations on some yeasty dough. I pounded, punched and ground my palms into the the sticky, squishy dough. Then I let it rest. It got all big-headed and full of itself, so I beat it down again-- only to have it rise once more-- so I shoved it in the oven.

Oh it teased me -- filling my house with its warm smell until I throw open the oven door and knocked. The dough sounded hollow, airy, so I ripped off a chunk, rubbed its shell in butter and bit down.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home