Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sometimes you just need to get out

take a look around and free yourself.
I've been looking for the answer --
The brave and optimistic answer
"The only person who can empower you is you."

Well, I know that. I've always known that--
But to act on it--
to truly believe
and to throw off the yellow Sunday covers and
do something -- now
that
takes
courage.

Backed up against immovable red tape.
But where to go? What to do?
I was always told not to run with scissors-- and a nice pair of orange-handled Singer Scissors could really do the trick,
slice through the stickiness of deaf, mute puppets holding the strings
and casting me over the wall
to dance as they please..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home