Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Something weird happened to me

Social Worker/Frustrated Mother tagged me with the “Weird MEME,” so the good news is I probably won’t blog about the holidays or post my resolutions. The bad new is six of you are going to get tagged and all of you will one day return to this blog in July and finally read my cheesy Holiday Letter. Who knows? Maybe I’ll give it a patriotic theme and tell you all how each one of the people in my household has made America a better place in which to live.

OK here are the rules:

"According to the rules... Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You". People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"


Six weird things about me-- Only six?

O.K. I will keep this brief because it is the New Year and you all need to hit the gym and buy vitamins.

1. I hold my breath on elevators.

2. I write letters to my loved ones before boarding a plane-- and I go absolutely nuts if anything impedes my ritual.

3. Sometimes I recite Shakespeare, random pieces of poetry or snippets from plays-- or heck even Bible verses-- when no one is looking. If I can’t sleep, I recite them in my head. If I’m scared, I will recite a vile speech from Richard III to heat up my blood. If I am sad, I turn to my own work.

4. When I meet certain people, a light turns on inside me and I can write poetry all day. But as soon as he or she leaves, it goes out and try as I might, the poetry just isn’t the same.

5. If I feel bad about something, I obsess over it and can’t sleep until I rectify the problem. Recently, my cousin asked me to edit a piece of writing (for some reason he thought I was a good editor-- I don't edit anything as you all know.) He made the mistake of giving me free reign -- and I took it, rearranged it and added some of my own words for clarification. Now, in my heart I knew the finished piece was much better . Anyway I didn’t sleep for three days. I barely ate and I paced around the house. Finally I called him and asked him if I had gone too far. But no, he liked the changes (and even kept parts of the pieces I’d slapped in for clarification). BTW-- this is to all the boys I hurt in my younger years, I still feel incredibly guilty for being the witch I was back in the good old days. You can rest with the knowledge that there is a girl in California who once did you wrong and who now paces the floor periodically because she feels terrible about it.

6. I love to research things and make lists.

Sorry I do not know how to be brief. OK I tag-- Karmyn, Pamela, Heather, Amishav (if you’ll do it-- You don’t seem to be of the MEME variety, but what the heck), Kigogal and Waya-- Patti (mommy dearest if you are out there) I tag you as a bonus because you haven't posted a darn thing since August and I know you are lurking out there somewhere. I can sense you saying, "Well, why didn't you write about-----"

Jodi I would tag you because I know you must have some deep dark secrets hidden in your closet, but you are not a good sport when it comes to MEMEs (so please email me with your six weird things--- please!)

9 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Ooooh I am first! Good for you, I guess I didn't know you well enough if all of these things are new to me lol. Good going!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

your list of weird things is about as weird as I've seen!!! It was a fun read and well written (so don't do any floor pacing about it... okay!?)

Fortunately for me, I was tagged twice already --
I think it was late Octboer or ealy November -- and then tagged again in December.



(:

7:41 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

Hmmm, I've been tagged twice with this same meme and I've been avoiding it like a plague. I might have to think about this some more about this. Happy New Year to you Bonnie!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hmmm. I'll have to ponder that one.

Love your list of weird things. Glad you got to make a list for it!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

SWFM-- glad you liked it

pamela-- I'm always happy to keep you all guessing-- i don't want to hold back-- and don't worry if you don't want to do it-- at least I don't think there is a MEME patrol

waya-- and happy New Year to you! I hope you are doing great. As for the MEME, don't sweat it-- you've got enough going on.

Heather-- now you, i especially wanted to hear the list from-- you are so funny-- you could alter the list to "weird happenings in my life" (wish I had done that)or weird people I've met

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha - pacing the floor until things get corrected! Have I got some editing for you to do....

And I've been tagged twice before as well - so have already done it. Sorry. I'll do something else instead.

And my book? Well - maybe I'll put an excerpt in soon.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

karmyn-- I guess this is what I get for being gone for two weeks and not keeping up on the MEMEs of MEME land-- bummer. Anyway, I await your book!

2:55 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

I actually don't think you're weird- I think you're lovely!

Shakespeare? Wow!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basically I hate memes but I did this one since I was tagged 5 f@#$ times.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home