Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

You've been warned about peer pressure, right?

And just because it's overcast outside and I have a little extra time, I thought I'd tell you all about my worst experience with peer pressure.

Mothers get your daughters. They need to learn what to expect from creepy little boys.

Fathers get your boys. They need to learn what absolutely does not work.

Let's go back in time to 1995 when I was dating money minus the brains. Mind you I said dating-- not sleeping with-- DATING-- like this was our second or third date.

And so, I agreed to meet the boy at his office (yes, he had a real job, but I'll still call him "boy" -- you'll understand in a minute).

There I was dressed in my college finest, waiting to go out on the town-- when from behind the desk Mr. Brainless says

"Wanna do "it"?
"Excuse me?" I said.
"Yeah," he said. "Wanna do it? You look hot."
"No," I said.
"Oh come on. It will only take a second," he said.

Like TIME was an issue. I don't think if you really want ot get in a girl's pants, bragging that "it will only take a second" is the key that unzips the zipper.

So what was your worst experience with Mr or Ms. Brainless?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually had a Mr. Brainless tell me, in front of the guy I was with - "Let's leave this jerk-off and run off and do married tonight." and, I just met you?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

It will only take a second!?! HA HA HA HA!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

so many years ago I've forgotten most of them....
thank goodness

10:02 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

It will only take a second? What a DoRK. i cannot remember any of my brainless experiences. Could it be I didn't have any? I don't know....or maybe it's just been way tooooo long.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, that guy was a real keeper...

I bet if he's snagged himself a wife she's totally satisfied. Lucky girl.

8:43 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Yup a total jerk he should have at least come up with something a little more classy lol.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

A guy told a girlfriend of mine: "I'm small, so you'll barely even feel it."

Seriously? In what world is that a positive?

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, just the words NO woman wants to hear- except for ONE that shall remain nameless.

Funny story.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Zephra said...

I can't really give you a worst time because I have only been with my DH but he uses that "it will only take a minute" thing on me. I keep telling him that is not a plus.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home