Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Writer's Block

A blank screen
In the corner near the top, a cursor blinks on and off
But nothing happens--
Just the sound of
Fingers tapping
Tic
Tic
Tap
Tic-tic-tap

And the quiet of

Eyes wide open, ideas trapped behind blue irises
I should say something, but my mouth is dry
My fingers arthritic with waiting
Wondering
What they have to say
How do you say love? Anger? The bitterness of a cry in the woods--
no one hears, right? How can you know?

Inside
Behind the blinking of too-tired eyes
the words are pasted in pictures--
a Douglas Fir, some dirty feet, the bleeding cut of a hand
and a woman leaning against a tree--

It's in the black and blue
where the light gets in and reflects
Upside down images

Now where did I put my little grey sponge?
If only he could
Soak them up,
Put them on their feet and
File them
At the bottom
In a never ending line of
sentences I never finish reading

7 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

now this is halfway to china (it's so deep)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

great poem...

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - I feel it too....I started my 100 day novel and now it is sitting there collecting dust as my thoughts drift away....

8:19 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great post I wish I could write like that. Wow didn't realize I missed 2 posts of yours I check daily and must have missed the time when you wrote this one and the last, anyway glad I saw them now.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this post and the last one back to back, I misread the line, as "poo tired eyes."
Yep, I'm an idiot.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Alright, that is VERY VERY deep. Could you please email me and give me the meaning? :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger BD said...

It doesn't encourage the words does it? Nothing is so non-inspiring as the reflectionless LCD screen...

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home