Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Youthful Dreams

I don't know when they left, but they did---
those words, those sounds upon my lips
and the feeling.
It's gone now-- a shattered memory of youth.
I do not know her.
She is a scarce memory, a stranger,
someone who held onto the dreams of words and sounds
whose thoughts went deeper, whose meaning was concrete and yet so sad.
She held to the dream, held it crumpled in her fist.
Some day. It's there. I can see it. I can hear it
her thirst for it.
And yet, she left me.
I don't remember when.
She scarcely closed the door
and tiptoed out unnoticed.
She was gone
long gone and the sound of her voice and the thrill of the sounds
quieted by time.
Her voice was written upon a page
and the book was closed
unfinished.

3 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

johny doe left me the same message. I love your writing. How did you come across my blog?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

I was curious about Johnny joe, so I went to his blog and saw your response. Your blog name refers to social work and motherly frustrations-- both of which I can relate to

8:07 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

I can't believe that I'm the first comment to congradulate you on such a beautiful piece of writing!!

(I still hold my dreams crumpled in my fist)

BTW, I've tagged you for the meme!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home