Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Thought Museum

Old photo albums
take breath upon a stage of sounds
each syllable a different shape,
giving form to flat surfaces.
Life through cells of sounds---
rhythmic pulses
picture a memory transformed
by tone.
The flow of words upon lines
like waves to my senses
back files in my mind--
remember the calloused fingers of Papa
the smell of dying Christmas trees,
the soft square sleeve of a lover retreating,
Through words I live
they are the sanctuaries of the soul,
the temple's testaments
and the visionary's passion.

1 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Nice idea for a poem.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home