Of Socks and Men

Laundry, duck hunting/firefighting absent husband, three little girls and no dogs in sight Slightly neurotic and completely at my witts end--- wife, mother, dreamer lost in her 30-somethings

My Photo
Name:
Location: Paradise

I'm a 35-year-old mother of three who has a million dreams to dream -- and three children to carry out the ones she doesn't get around to. My husband is a firefighter and an obsessed duck hunter, so I'm pretty much a single mother, trying to juggle my life around duck season and fire season.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Reason No. 11 to be happy

rain


It's been raining all weekend. I want to snuggle up with a cup of tea and some hot soup. I say want because it is impossible to snuggle up next to anything when you have three bored children.

and so--

Today we listened to the rain and watched the rain swim down our windows.

We drew our own sunshine.

We walked through books and stepped out into the path of Splat the Cat.

We pretended it was snowing and that tap tap on the roof was really Santa's reindeer-- so we sang Christmas carols.

And yes, there was fighting and timeouts and messes to clean-up. Excedrin was swallowed.

But really, I was just thankful for the rain time (maybe it's because it's almost 10 and the kids are asleep-- it's always easy to be sentimental when no one's tugging on your sleeve).

2 Comments:

Anonymous 出合いサイト said...

今最高にアツい出合いサイトをご存知ですか?恋愛に繋がる出会いは必ずある!ほんとに出合いの無い人だけアクセスして下さい!業者が蔓延しているSNS系サイトよりも出合いサイトが今アツい!

4:16 AM  
Anonymous グリー said...

グリーにハマっている人集まれ!自分のグリー度を測れるサイトが誕生!!簡単チェックであなたのグリーレベルをバシっと診断!最近始めた人もマニアレベルの人も今すぐチェック!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home